Direct Debit Request Service Agreement
1. We, Southern Phone Company (ABN 42 100 901 184), are authorised to use your provided financial institution account details to arrange for funds to be debited from that account. We may do this after we’ve sent you a bill that shows the amount payable and that amount has become due for payment.
2. You may defer or alter a debit payment by giving us at least fourteen days written notice before the next debit day.
3. You may stop a debit payment, or cancel your direct debit request, by giving us at least fourteen days written notice before the next debit day. You can also cancel your direct debit request by contacting your own financial institution directly.
4. We may vary the terms of the direct debit request or this agreement. If we do so, and we reasonably consider that any such variation causes you no detriment, we will provide you with written notice of the change as soon as practicable, which may be after the variation takes effect but no later than on your next bill. Otherwise, we will provide you with reasonable advance notice (of 14 days at a minimum) of any such variation in writing. If you wish to cancel your direct debit arrangement, you may do so in accordance with clause 3 of this agreement.
5. It’s your responsibility to ensure there are sufficient cleared funds available in your account so that the debit payment can be processed in accordance with the direct debit request. If there aren’t sufficient clear funds available in your account:
(a) you may be charged a fee and/or interest by your financial institution;
(b) you may also incur fees that are payable to us, which may include a late payment fee and a dishonour fee and
(c) you must arrange for the payment to be made by another method.
6. If the debit day falls on a day that isn’t a business day, we may debit your account on the following business day. You should ask your financial institution if you’re unsure which day we’ll debit your account.
7. If you believe there’s been an error in debiting your account, you should notify us in writing as soon as possible. You can also contact your financial institution. If we conclude that there’s been an error, we’ll let you know and arrange for your financial institution to adjust your account (including interest and charges) accordingly. If we conclude that there hasn’t been an error, we’ll let you know the reasons and any evidence for this finding.
8. We’ll keep any information in your direct debit request confidential and make reasonable efforts to keep it secure from unauthorised use, modification, reproduction or disclosure. We’ll only disclose the information:
(a) to the extent specifically required by law; or
(b) for the purposes of this agreement (including in connection with any query or claim).
9. You need to be aware that direct debiting through BECS is not available for all financial institution accounts.
10. We recommend you check the account details you’ve provided to us against a recent statement from your financial institution. If you’re uncertain as to these details, you should check with your financial institution before agreeing to these terms, to complete your direct debit request.
If you have any questions about your direct debit request, get in touch with us at 13 14 64.