- Minimum Monthly Charge
The minimum monthly charge is the plan fee as specified in the table above. Minimum cost over 24 months is specified in the table above.
- Early Contract Termination Fee
An early exit fee applies if the services are not connected for 24 months. This exit fee is $25 multiplied by the months left on the 24-month contract. The maximum exit feeis $600.
- Home Phone Call Charges
- Local Calls 25 cents per call
- National Calls 25 cents per minute,capped at $1.98 for 1 hour
- Calls to Mobiles 37cents per minute,capped at $1.49 for 10 minutes
- Calls to 13 numbers 40 cents per call
- Local calls and national calls are not charged.
- Calls to Mobiles 37 cents per minute,capped at $1.49 for 10 minutes
- Calls to 13 numbers 40 cents
- Local, national and calls to mobiles calls
- are not charged
- Calls to 13 numbers are 40 cents per call
There is a 39 cents connection fee for international calls. For international call rates please see our website. If you use more than the monthly call credit or use services not included in the credit, you’ll have to pay more than the plan fee. International, national and calls to mobiles are charged in per minute blocks. A call connection fee of 45 cents applies to these calls.
- What it Costs For Some Basic Use On This Plan
- The cost of a local call is 25 cents
- A 2-minute national call is 95 cents
- A 2-minute call to an Australian mobile is $1.19
- Cost of 1MB of data
The cost of 1MB of data, where your total data usage in a month equals the data allowance for your plan is shown in the table above.
- Activation Fees
A $59 service activation fee applies. You will only be billed when your nbn™ provisioning is successful.
- Late cancellation fees apply as follows:
- Late Cancellation (with site visit) in Urban or Major Rural Area - $200
- Late Cancellation (with site visit) in Minor Rural Area or Remote - $250
- Late Cancellation (with site visit) in Isolated Area - $300
Missed Appointment fees apply as follows:
- Missed Appointment in Urban or Major Rural Area - $200
- Missed Appointment in Minor Rural Area or Remote - $250
- Missed Appointment in Isolated Area - $300
- Missed Appointment in Limited Access Area - $300 + Incidentals
- Subsequent installation fees apply should a secondary install be required. The costs are available upon request.
- Home Phone
Your home phone service will work over your existing copper line connection. There is no fee if you are transferring an existing fixed line connection from another provider. A connection charge applies to connect your home phone service:
Telephone line without a technician visit
- existing customer $59 or new customer $99
Telephone line with a technician visit:
- existing customer $125 or new customer $165
New telephone line connection/ telephone line connection with a technician visit and cabling work:
- existing customer $299 or new customer $339
- Connection Timeframes
Once we’ve accepted your application, we’ll try to connect your home phone and nbn™ satellite service on the date you ask for, but this might not always be possible. If there has been a previous working home phone service at your property and we can reconnect it without having to visit your property, the local telephone exchange or anywhere in between, then we aim to connect the service within 5 working days of your request. If this isn’t possible, then we aim to connect your service within 5 to 25 working days, depending on your location.
Connection to the nbn™ satellite can vary greatly. For users who do not live in isolated or limited access areas, nbn™ will endeavor to complete your installation within 20 business days of your nbn™ Sky Muster™ service order being placed. If you’re located in more isolated regions on the mainland or Tasmania, it may take up to 35 days. For very limited access areas and those only accessible by air or water, nbn™ has a target of 90 business days. If there is a higher than anticipated volume of orders than the available installation capacity in the month, wait times could be longer
- Non-Standard Installation
Non-standard installation fees apply, these fees are determined during non standard installation and include Satellite labour rate + materials + incidentals.
- Equipment Fee
A Wi-Fi modem is included. A $14.95 delivery fee applies.
- Relocation Fee
nbn™ satellite broadband can not be relocated to a new address. A new nbn™ service can be requested only if nbn™ is available at the new address. If nbn™ is not available at the new address, we will discuss your options with you at the time.
- Incorrect Call Out Fee
If a fault is lodged and a technician attends your premises and finds the fault is in your equipment and not in the network, an incorrect call out fee of $75 without a technician visit and $500 with a technician visit applies. Any additional technician charges incurred will be added to your account.
Email billing is free. There is a $2.20 charge to print and post a paper bill. We waive this charge if you have a direct debit with us. Your service is invoiced on the same date each month. The monthly plan fee is charged in arrears or advance depending on your billing cycle. Your first invoice will include a pro-rata amount for the days that your service has been active with Southern Phone Company. Any activation and equipment fees will also appear on your first invoice.